Effective Date: July 18th, 2017
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS USED
Information We Collect Directly From You
Arby’s gathers personal information, such as first and last names, addresses, email addresses, zip code, and your mobile telephone number when voluntarily submitted by you. For example, we will collect information when you make a purchase, sign up to receive deals and exclusive offers on our Site, or communicate with us. If you make a purchase, we collect your purchase details, your name, payment card information, phone number, and your shipping and billing information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We and our third party service providers automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your personal information Please see the section “Gathering Information Electronically” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To communicate with you about your use of the Site and to allow you to provide feedback.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we, our business partners, and our advertisers may use your information to send you news, newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To protect your security or ours, to protect us against liability, or to comply with applicable law.
How We Share Your Information
- When you place an order through the Site, we will share your PII with our service providers for the purpose of order fulfillment.
- We also may share your PII with third party service providers in connection with the operation of this Site, including our hosting provider. These third parties may be located in countries outside of your home country. These third parties will use your PII consistent with the purposes of hosting the Site and may include processing your transactions, optimizing Site usage, improving the Site, fraud prevention, and other purposes consistent with the services for which Arby’s has engaged the third party.
We may also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if any of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
We may aggregate and use your information for our internal purposes or to share with third parties for any lawful purpose.
Safety and Security
Arby’s takes steps to help ensure that information provided by you is treated securely. No data transmission over the Internet, however, can be guaranteed to be secure. While we try to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. You use the Site, and provide us with PII, at your own risk.
- GATHERING INFORMATION ELECTRONICALLY
Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. We may use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on our Site, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our Site. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We may also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send to determine whether you have opened those e-mails or clicked on links in the e-mails.
Currently, our servers do not respond to browser ‘do-not-track’ signals. You may opt-out of certain tracking, however, by disabling cookies through your browser; you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Third Party Analytics
Third Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Arby’s does not knowingly accept information from children under the age of 13. If we subsequently decide to offer any special promotions for this group, we will provide a Children’s Privacy Notice and will comply with all applicable laws.
Comments, Questions or Suggestions
Mail: Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc., 1155 Perimeter Center West, Atlanta, GA 30338